RAFTING RIVER BAKER
Rafting in Chile's deepest river
The road to Puerto Bertrand, where the activity takes place, follows the shore of the Lake General Carrera for about 3.5 hours. There you get on a boat and raft down the River Baker, which has a difficulty level of 2 to 3+. The rafting starts at the Lake Bertrand, where the team and you get ready for the 6km ride on the river.
According to our experience, this activity is appropriate for persons who like adventure sports but also for families, as the grade of difficulty depends strongly on the team’s instructions and guiding.
- Introduction to Rafting and safety briefing
- Professional Guides
- Full equipment (wetsuit, life jacket class 5, helmet, waterproof windbreaker, paddle, neoprene shoes)
- 6km ride on the river
- Transfer back to starting point
- Lunch Box (Sandwich, juice, cereal bar, nuts, chocolate, fruit)
- Transfer in a 4x4 Jeep for 4 passengers
- Snack of local products during the trip
- The activity takes place in a raft of 16 feet of the brand NRS, equipped with first-aid kit, VHF radio and rescue lifeline
- Duration of Rafting: 2 hours 15 minutes approx.
- Total duration of tour: 9-10 hours